Now that the holidays are over and everyone is back to work I figured I would mention an update that came out a few weeks ago. The update was for Lync Phone Edition and was released on 12/20/12. There were a few things fixed in this update and a new feature added, “Music on Hold”. There have been several blog posts regarding the new music on hold feature, (http://windowspbx.blogspot.com/2011/07/questions-about-microsoft-lync-server.html) so I will not discuss the details here. One of the fixes that is available as part of the update is a fix for an issue where there would be a flicker, and white horizontal line displayed on the CX600. Now I thought I had a hardware issue and was just going to deal with it. Then this update became available and I noticed that it was fixed by updating the LCD driver that the phone uses. I applied the update and so far no more white line on the CX600. Below is the list of all the fixes included in the update.
- 2703325(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2703325/ ) Updates are available that enable the “Music on Hold” feature on Lync Phone Edition
- 2781616(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2781616/ ) Description of the cumulative updates for Lync Phone Edition that add support for additional languages: December 2012
- 2781617(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2781617/ ) A common area phone that is running Lync Phone Edition does not try to sign in after the Front End server restarts
- 2781618(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2781618/ ) A white screen or a white horizontal line appears on a Polycom telephone that is running Lync Phone Edition
- 2781620(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2781620/ ) White lines appear on the screen of a Polycom telephone that is running Lync Phone Edition
Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600, and Polycom CX3000 update can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23866
Aastra 6271ip and Aastra 6725ip update can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18390
Polycom CX700, and LG-Nortel IP Phone 8540 update can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21644
For those of you that need a reminder on how to import the update that command is below:
Import-CsDeviceUpdate -Identity “service:WebServer:atl-cs-001.litwareinc.com” -FileName C:\Updates\UCUpdates.cab
Remember you need to go in to the Lync Server Control Panel and approve the updates after they are imported. The phone will then receive the update during its normal update check routine. If you would like to receive the update quicker power off the device, then power it on and leave it idle for 5 minutes. The phone will then pull down the update and apply it. Another note is that it seemed to take a little longer for this update to be applied. The phone reset then sat at the “Locating time server”, then “contacting Lync Server screens”. It was around 6-7 minutes after the restart of the phone during the update process before it was completed.